Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009: A Year of Growth and Grievances

January: The Gaza War. Obama Inauguration.


February: Michael Phelps got in trouble. I started this blog because of that "25 Things" craze was blowin' up facebook. Another medium to make Mel cry. Rewatched My Sassy Girl. Discovered my future wedding song. Guys' Night Out to the Yellow Rose :)

March: Sorority Life happened...like forealz. Battlestar Galactica graciously concludes its way to the number 2 spot on my list of fav tv shows. Started watching The Wire to satiate life after BSG. Mel saves my life once again(see entry from April 2009).

April: Susan Boyle, so overrated. Baby Nia was born :)

May: Mel convinces me to teach, once again, meddling in my life and making me follow my dreams. Buddy goes white dad on Luis. Tina Fey reminds me that long distance is the wrong distance. Glee begins prematurely, failing to find a competent male lead to match Lea Michelle's unrelenting raw talent.

June: Camp CommUNITY reinforces my journey to teacherhood and my faith in the goodness of mankind despite the soon to follow Iranian Presidential "Elections." A pretty girl, a park bench, and a promise. (HEY, that could be the title of a good short story.) The King of Pop dies. Experienced the awesome healing powers of Chik-fil-a.

July: Met Carlos and Lunchbox downtown! Got a speeding ticket in Itasca County. Realized the magnetic attraction between Claudia and I when our cars collided. Regina Spektor releases a new album.

August: Thomas leaves for Dallas :( Mel cries...I think. I interview the one and only BOBBY BONES! Finished watching The Wire, sealing its eternal fate to the number one spot on my favorite tv shows list! Wicked for the first time and not in youtube format. The Wire pwnz TV, Wicked pwnz the stage, and Avatar pwnz the cinema(but more on that later). Healthcare reform debates happen and everybody talks about it even though its the most boring topic ever!!!! Here's my solution: STOP EATING, DRINKING, AND SMOKING SO GODDAMN MUCH! The Moth finds its way to my heart and adds the art of story telling to my life.

September: September 4th of 2009: The first day of the rest of my life as Mr. Pham. Carl leaves :( Mel def cries. Got swine flu(I think, not sure, Vietnamese people don't rely on doctors, we just walk it off).

October: We are so not talking about it.

November: I did a lot of outdoorsy things with my whitefriends. weird. Discovered the tranny power of Jiz. I reconnected with my awesome Phamily.

December: SOMEONE(not namin names) busted the windows out my car, and no it didn't mend my broken heart. My big douchey bday celebration. I woke up full of rage but apparently everyone had a good time (minus mel) so I was happy. Christmas party was fun and scandalous (amirite guyz?!) AVATAR!!! My overpriced and unnecessarily powerful alienware arrived. Carl comes back from army :) Sarah leaves for Arlington :( JJ hires people to make me happy. I await NYE.

Ultimately, this year was a time of major growth in my life both professionally and personally. It was a sinusoid of emotion and anxiety but concluded on a positive slope(+m). I am surrounded by genuinely good people. What more could I ask for?

1 comment:

  1. I was quite prolific in your 2009. 2010 will be pretty rough for you while I'm in Vietnam...

    ReplyDelete