Sunday, January 10, 2010

List of Goals for 20PHAM(2010)!

I have a feeling 20Pham will be a big year for me. It'll be my first year as a real life human adult meaning I'll have a salary, pay all my own bills, etc. It's time to make a list.

1. Write. During one of my rants during a wine night, I expressed to my friends my desire to take a writing class. I never had this luxury in college due to the absurd number of hours of labs I needed. I've always enjoyed writing, but I don't know the first thing about it. I can construct a mean paragraph but forming all of those thoughts into a brilliant singularity is out of my power. For Christmas, Mel bought me 3 writing books: The Pocket Muse, How to Write the Story of Your Life, and GWW's Writing Fiction(even though we all agreed to do adopt-a-phamily instead of purchasing gifts for eachother). When I opened the gift, I thought damn...here she is again holding me accountable and forcing me to follow my dreams. I haven't decided if I'll take a class this summer yet. I may want to work and make some money, but this might not be possible since there are no jobs anywhere. I may also want to take what little money I do have and travel, but this might not be possible due to my VERY rational fear of death, rape, machetes, kidnapping, international law, tape worms, hostels, and especially MACHETES! One of my colleagues takes a night class at ACC, so that is always an option as well.

2. Work out regularly. After college ended, I took a yearlong break from exercise. I was broke and lazy so getting a gym membership was my lowest priority. But now I have one, and all of my friends do too so I have no reason not to go. Finding time to do so is difficult though. I work Mon-Thurs from 8-6, so my only viable options are Fri-Sun. 3 days a week is not bad, but 3 consecutive days makes me want to die. I've been going for the past couple weeks, and I already feel healthier. My appetite has increased and eating a lot makes me feel primal in a good way. I still get sleepy if I'm idle between the hours of 12-2pm. My goal weight is 150lbs, and my goal fat% is 10% for this year. I've been trying to consume a lot more protein, but still maintain a high level of fiber. I'm also eating throughout the day to maintain energy. For Christmas, my sister got me vitamin D and fish oil tablets so I've been taking those daily. I'm getting old so it's time to make slowly dying over the next several decades as painless as possible.

3. Budget. A couple months ago, I started an excel spreadsheet calculating my monthly income and bills. It has helped a lot, but I still really suck at budgeting. I just want to spend all the time. I will NOT spend anything until the 25th of this month.

4. Become a better teacher. I still feel so out of my element. There are a select number of people in my life who have truly humbled me by their ability to communicate complex concepts in a way that is tangible to every person in the room. I want that.

5. Watch the Godfather trilogy. I don't know how I've lived 24 years and never seen any of these films.

6. Get an ipod and resurrect my love for music. Sometimes, I am overwhelmed by the idea that there may be the perfect song out there, and I will die never hearing it.

7. Find potential lifemates. I have this very rational fear that my chances of successfully producing progeny are dwindling every day. Minimum Requirements: Living. Recommended Requirements: Educated, witty(not necessarily CUTTING EDGE witty, but close), healthy(mentally, emotionally, and physically), thinks on a worldly level rather than an individual level, has good taste in the arts, financially responsible, understands what it means to be oppressed, understands what it is like to have a crazy family, and has good communication skills. Wishful thinking Requirements: doctor/lawyer/princess. Anyways, the winner gets a march down the aisle to Gabriel's Oboe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jSotUeV0WI, and a first dance to The Promise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crTc1V34m8g.

Optional goals: go fishing, learn to play piano, join a choir, go on a cruise(with American doctors and LAWS)

1 comment:

  1. love this. see my blog post entitled "goals are sexy". =)

    ReplyDelete